Always learnign! | Logan Utah Photographer, Cache Valley Photographer

It wasn't too many years ago that the thought of becoming a photographer entered my mind. I graduated college in 2009 and never really looked back. I did miss learning though. I wanted to continue to learn. I missed learning. I remember watching my kids grow and learn. I started thinking "I want to capture these moments". I tried to take pictures with my point and shoot, or my phone, but they never did them justice. I decided I wanted to learn how to make those pictures a little more than just snaps. I started to research. I started to learn and execute what I learned.
I LOVED when I would take a picture that just REALLY gave the situation justice! I started to look at things around me in a different way, I started to see people facial expressions and thinking, "OOHHH if only I could capture that facial expression." So, after years of wanting to, I decided! WHY NOT!? I started learning more! Books, magazines, online courses, youtube videos, photographer friends, community classes, workshops! LEARNING AND LEARNING!! and loving the results of my work after executing what I had learned! Now when the thoughts come to me of "OHHH I wish I could just capture that" they would continue on too "I would do it with this back lighting and this shutter speed and that lens."
 
The great thing about photography is I feel like I could always be learning. The learning is never going to stop. Which mean I can always become better! I can learn and do and learn and do and be soo happy with what I can produce!
 
I just got back from an incredible lighting class taught by an AMAZING photographer, Jed Colledge! Jed understands lighting like no one I have ever met! He is amazing! His work is amazing! I LOVD listening in on this class and LEARNING I cant wait to go and put to use some of the things that he taught!
 
Learning is part of who we are, or at least it is part of who we should be! Progress, Learn, Do, and be proud of what you have done!
 
Now, my kids can grow up, and I feel alittle better about being able to capture those precious moments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Developing Bliss Weddings

Investments

Twitter Updates

Website and Contact

Meet Your Photographer

Hey guys and gals! Its me Ruth! I am the photographer here at Developing Bliss Photography! I am a 30 something mother of 3 crazy boys! I love candy, fun and photography! I am lucky enough to be married to the love of my life and soul mate! I absolutely LOVE capturing blissful moments in life!